Million Date Palm Plantation Projects is considered to be one of the pioneering projects in the sultanate due to the expected outcome it will achieve economically, socially, environmentally and on nutrition level. And the project will achieve a remarkable quality shift in the Date Palm sector by implementing the latest scientific developments in agriculture operations and in the productions of dates and its secondary products that will add high value which will enhance the Oman dates ability to compete in the international market and also enhance the economical capabilities of the Omani agriculture.
The projects aims to achieve the following as per the royal vision:
- Establishing a modern date palm sector in the sultanate that will complement the traditional sector. Both sectors will work together to maximize the returns from the available resources of the sector, enhance the efficiency of the resources use, maintain and sustain it. And to achieve the food security using the latest technologies.
- Establishing a modern sector of date manufacturing that uses the latest technical technologies in production. This will work in parallel with developing the traditional crafts sector in production of secondary products while maintaining the Omani heritage.
- Enhancing the economic capabilities of the Omani agriculture in general, encouraging food manufacturing, highlighting the role of the private sector in this area, opening new investment opportunities especially in the production and manufacturing fields including listing new products in the Omani manufacturing list. Competing with the highest levels of quality and standards in local and international market.
- Considering replacing imports as a strategic goal to reach complete self-sustaining and to achieve access production that will fulfill the manufacturing and exporting needs and to enhance benefiting from the proportional characteristics of the Omani Dates.
- To enhance the Omani capabilities in research and guidance in different fields related to date palms trees, dates and its manufacturing goods.